It is currently 2019 04 20, 14:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Hello, New to Forum
PostPosted: 2009 06 18, 21:44 

Hi Everyone,

I am very interested in learning the Lithuanian language and culture, and would someday like to visit Lithuania.

My grandparents on my dad's side came to the U.S. from Lithuania during WWII. He was born and raised here, but only knows some phrases in Lithuanian because my grandparents wanted him to learn English, so they spoke mainly English around him. My grandma led a Lithuanian musical group in the U.S. I also have a Lithuanian cousin who escaped from a work camp during WWII and now lives in Florida.

Unfortunately, both of my Lithuanian grandparents died before I was born. This has deepened my interest in Lithuania even more as I feel it is a connection to them.

I am currently a full time student and working full time in the summer, so I have limited time to learn, but hope to at least learn gradually. I am currently reading the book "Odyssey of Hope" by Joseph Kazickas. If anyone has suggestions for books to read or ways to learn, please let me know. Hopefully reading this forum will be a good start and a valuable resource for me.

Thank You,
Elizabeth

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2009 07 29, 23:06 

Sveiki!

Aš esu Rokas. Nusprendžiau prisijungti prie šio forumo, kad galėčiau padėti norintiems mokytis lietuviškai. Stengsiuosi panaudoti visas savo turimas žinias apie lietuvių kalbą ir kitas kalbas atsakydamas į jūsų, besimokančiųjų, klausimus. :D

Gaila, kad lietuvių kalba nėra populiari, ir kad nedaug žmonių ja domisi ir jos mokosi. Šiais laikais esame linkę į merkantilizmą, bet ką padarysi - tokie jau laikai.

Sėkmės, susitiksime debesėlyje!

Hi!

My name is Rokas. I deicded to join this forum in order to help the people who want to learn Lithuanian. I will try to make the most of my current knowledge of the Lithuanian language and the other languages when asnwering to your questions. :D

It's a pity that Lithuanian is not a very popular language and there aren't many people who are interested in it and would like to learn it. Nowadays we are strongly inclined to practicality ...

Good luck and see you in the debesėlis forum!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Laba diena
PostPosted: 2009 08 16, 05:11 

Mano vardas Jeremy ir aš esu iš Atlantijos (=Atlantos). Aš esu lietuvis (=lietuvių) kilmės amerikietis ir aš nekalbu labai gerai lietuviškai. Aš kalbu labai gerai angliškai ir voikisckai (=vokiškai).

Hello, my name is Jeremy and I am from Atlanta (USA). I am an American of Lithuanian descent and I do not speak Lithuanian very well. I do speak English and German, though.

I am hoping the online language school can help me. I would like to make and converse with friends who can speak in Lithuanian.

I live very far away from the greater Lithuanian community at current and would appreciate the opportunity to learn my grandmother's first language.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2009 08 25, 22:09 

Mano vardas Frederico. Dabar givenu is Porto(=gyvenu Porto mieste), Portugalijoje. Buvai(=Buvau) Vilniuje ir studiuojijau(=mokiausi) lietuviškai vilnaus(=vilniaus) universitete.
Iesku noujai draugiai(=Ieškau naujų draugų) pakalbėti lietuviškai.
Kalbu truputį, tik. Turiu du knigai is Lietuvskai(=dvi lietuvių kalbos knygas) ir truputį studiuojiu(=mokausi).
Lietuva labai graži. Man patinka labai(-labai patinka) Lietuvos alus :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2009 10 13, 01:23 

Labas! Mano vardas Ernesta. As some of you may be able to tell from my name (which people will, I hope, be able to pronounce correctly- yay! ), I am in fact a native Lithuanian and mine is a wierd story. I was born in Vilnius and my entire family is Lithuanian apart from some Belarussian on my maternal grandfather's side. My family moved here (England) when I was four years old. My parents only really speak lithuanian to each other (or Russian if they don't want my brother and I to understand....perhaps just to annoy us?), but they have tried for a great proportion of time to speak English to my brother and I so as not to confuse us so that I deceivingly sound like a posh English gal :twisted:
Anywayz, for some reason (and this has affected all the languages that I have learnt including Japanese) because I'm used to hearing and reading the language, that's what I'm best at. So while I can understand most things and read them too, my speaking and writing.......unfortunately absolutely rubbish. Most of my family is still in Lithuania and I don't want to feel so disconnected from them and my grandparents to think me a dummy. So I hope that during my time here you will be able to help me and I will be able to help you with some of the translating of lithuanian words. I'd like my kids to be able to speak it one day.......lol dizzy from thinking too far ahead, focus first on getting into uni to study natural sciences Ernesta! :D Thanks asCii for redirecting me here as I couldn't find the thread!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2009 10 30, 20:51 

Labas!
gerai mano vardas yra oscar i'm from the united states dallas tx i want to learn lithuanian because i had a teacher who was from lithuania and she taught me some of her language along with russian. and i speak english and spanish fuently but i soon hope to make russian and lithuanian my 3rd and 4th languages as well and i plan to use my languages to translate and interpret for the united nations and i also plan to do business internationally and i want my kids to learn different languages as well so if you want to do a language exchange lithuanian for spanish then im all years pues estoy diciendo si tu quieres porque para mi esta idioma es muy importante para mi gracias mucho

Labai Aciu

Offline Profile  

Post subject: sveiki
PostPosted: 2009 11 10, 14:54 

sveiki visi! hello everyone.
aš esu Jovita ir aš esu lietuvė (i'm Jovita and i'm lithuanian)
katik(=ką tik) rada(=radau) šį forumą ir nusprendžiau užsiregistruoti, kad padėčiau žmonėms, kurie nori mokytis lietuvių kalbos (i just found this forum and decided to register here to help people who are learning lithuanian)
taigi jei prireiks kokios nors pagalbos, galit klausti manęs ir aš pasistenksiu(=pasistengsiu) padėti (so if you need any help, you can ask me and i'll try to help you)
^^

Offline Profile  

Post subject: New on here
PostPosted: 2009 11 14, 21:07 

Labas. Mano vardas Martyn.

I'm English and live near to London. I've two great Lithuanian friends and I've visited Lithuania 4 times including New Years Eve two years ago. I've got a wedding to go to in Vilnius next summer so I must learn more of the language. :D I know a little from my visits and my friends, but I do not remember things easily, so it will be a slow process! :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 02 17, 00:33 

Labas!
I am very excited to join the forum & hope to learn to speak & write some Lithuanian. :D
Aciu!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 02 17, 17:51 

Hi every one

it does seem really quiet here, I hope there's still people who are contributing to this forum, anyhow....

I registered here in hope to find some useful tips for learning Lithuanian Language, so am all eyes here.
ciao for now

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 03 28, 19:55 

Labas
Mano vardas Marco..from Italy.
I'd like to learn more about Lithuanian language, I visited once this beautiful country rich of history and with a marvellous nature.
A beautiful language... very interesting and charming...just help me to learn more. I leave my E-mail contact "damancos74@libero.it"
Iki pasimatymo.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 05 26, 18:56 

Labas, aš naudotojas(=vartotojas) AssociativeFugue/AF (nelinksniuotinas pats[by itself]; pradedantieji, kreipdamiesi į mane linksniuok(=linksniuokite) ,,AF'as".)Mano pavardė Choi, arba ,,čojus". [For distinctively Asian privacy reasons I can't tell you my first name.] Tikiu, kad(-Manau, kad) žinau didžiumą lietuvių kalbos gramatikos; noriu mokytis(=išmokti) daugiau žodžių apie daugiau temų.

Hi, I am AssociativeFugue (indeclinable by itself; please DON'T add any ending; instead, when you refer to me insert an appropriate declinable descriptor such as "vartotojas" before the username, or just decline "AF'as") I think I know most of the grammar of Lithuanian; I want to learn more vocaublary about more topics.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 06 21, 13:48 

LIT: Labas, aš Ana. Esu iš Lietuvos ir galiu pagelbėti mokantis Lietuvių kalbos. Mano el. paštas susisiekimui - por.fin.anne@gmail.com. Taip pat turiu ir skypę, jei kam reikės, parašykit į el. paštą ir pasakysiu. :)

EN: Hello. My name is Ana. I am from Lithuania and I can help you learning Lithuanian. My e-mail is por.fin.anne@gmail.com. If you wanna my skype, please write to my e-mail and I will give it to you. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 07 28, 11:06 

Labas,

I am not realy new to Lithuanian language. I fill some little free times with doing some grammar and little vocabulary.
I live in Belgium together with my Lithuanian grilfriend.
My main question is if this forum is still active?

To the Mod's:
Why was the website offline? financial problems?

Iki
Niels

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 08 11, 14:11 

Labas.

I love the Lithuanian language, country and people. I'm only just starting to learn the language though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Learning lithuanian language in school?
PostPosted: 2010 08 30, 16:09 

Labas!
I am Robert from Germany. My wife is born in Lithuania and my parents in law still live in Klaipeda. I am also for business very often in Vilnius. I hate it that I can't speak lithuanian well, so I decided to go to a school. But - I didn't find a school till now... Does somebody have a good idea about a language-school? Maybe in Vilnius/Kaunas/Klaipeda or Berlin or wherever?
Greetings,
Robert

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 11 24, 00:08 

Hi, i'm new to this forum :) I'm Džiudė (or Jude, whichever you prefer. I'm living in Scotland. I was trying to teach myself Lithuanian out of books etc but now I have managed to find an actual teacher. I joined the forum so maybe I can have some practice in between lessons :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 12 21, 10:39 

I'm Bruno, from Brazil.

Last edited by Brunojp on 2014 10 03, 08:58, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2010 12 30, 22:07 

Sveiki!

The name's Adolfo and I'm a 21 year-old guy from Mexico who happens to be a hardcore classical music lover (I've been playing the piano for almost 7 years now :) and language lover! I'm perfectly fluent in Spanish, English and French and I'm currently studying Italian, German, Latin and, indeed, Lithuanian :D though I'm also very interested in learning a couple more (Swedish and Dutch included). I've got a really awesome Lithuanian friend and she's part of the reason why I decided to give this beautiful and complex language a try. Another part is its preservation of ancient features that are no longer present (or at least not to the same degree in many other European languages). I must say though I'm an absolute beginner (which is also why I preferred to type this in English :wink: )

I also love reading and I've been expanding my library with books in a variety of languages (already got me some in Dutch, one in Danish, several in German, French, English, Italian and Spanish, of course) and one in Portuguese. I'm currently rereading (for what must be like the 10th time :) García Márquez's 'Love in the time of cholera', without a doubt one of my favorite works!

As for music, well, like I said, classical music is my stuff, definitely :D And I've also got tons of sheet music of dozens of composers going from some very old Irish ones, Pachelbel, Bach and Scarlatti to Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Scriabin and even Cuban pianist Ernesto Lecuona.
I'm currently working on some Schumann (Robert) works 8)
I truly believe that music, just like a good book, can be one of our very best friends in life.

I also love animals, plants, well, nature as a whole. And I love taking a stroll at the park that's near my place from time to time, so incredibly soothing!

Well, that's it for now :wink:
Take care and sėkmės!
Adolfo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2011 04 07, 17:01 

Labas,

Esu Matje (ok, these sounds don't exist either in english or lithuanian : P poor languages xD), iš Prancuzijos (Nanto).

Huum, the reason why I wanna learn lithuanian is a bit related to the strong love I feel for traveling! (yes, ok, no relation you'd say, but wait a minute)

So, during one of my (hitch hiking) trips, stucked on a bloody gas station for 2 days. On the 1st evening we saw people with huge bags, thought they were hitchers too (we were right : D), and just came to chat with 'em, here were the Lithuanians ahah (For me, before this meeting, Lithuania had the same material existence than any Walt Disney feary country : P sorry for natives..), but as in any walt disney moovie, the princess was quite pretty, and we kinda felt in love.

She already speaks a bit of French. Aš.. kalbu truputį lietuviškai, bet yra blogai man girdėti eheh ; P

And I liked the idea of having the choice between three languages (we, of course, mostly speak english), teir nuances, their understood hidden meanings etc. in order to get a waaaaaaaay richer way to understand each other. (yup, we realised that, often, languages, or our knowledge of languages, is a bit restrictive to our endless expanding ideas, so it won't be too much having three of them eheh).

Anyway, I'll probably more read than right on this forum, but still, we're not animals so : Hi to anyone ! (and good luck in your quest of learning this fuckin complicated language eheh)

EDIT : oh, and I saw somewhere that someone was surprised, or disappointed, by the fact that not a lot of people takes interest in lithuanian. I answered you without wanting it : For most of the people in the world, Lithuania has the same material existence as feary tales... And only the fools will learn the Elves language eheh

Offline Profile  

Post subject: presentation
PostPosted: 2011 04 27, 16:51 

mano vardas manu. (Vigo, galiza,spain) sveikas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laba diena! Kaip gyvuojate? I´m learning estonian because i think it is very interesting. i would like to visit your country again (since Tallinn is e. cultural capital now) what do you advice me to do to improve my eesti kelt? Viso gero!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2011 09 02, 01:40 

Labas dienas! (=Laba diena):)
My name is Agnese, i'm from Latvia! :) My relatives live in Lithuania so lithuanian language is not abolutly new for me. It will be nice to learn lithuanian language, so i could speak with my relatives... and it will be big pluss to find a job! :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2011 10 18, 11:25 

labas vakaras =^) mano vardas Dhora [Dora] ir aš esu iš Kanzaso. aš esu kompozitorė ir dainininkė.

i've only been studying lithuanian for a little while, but i think it's gorgeous! i'm just very intrigued by languages in general. i can speak some german, and i've studied a little bit of estonian as well. in addition, i've sung classical music in countless other languages - italian, german, latin, french, portuguese, spanish, russian, and hebrew among them. and since choral directors and voice teachers work you hard to make sure you're pronouncing everything exactly right, this has made me a very phonetics-conscious sort :P and i really love the sounds of lithuanian - i think it'd be a great language for lyrics. ^^ i'm excited to study it and to talk with native speakers as well as others who are learning! =^)

~d.Kilo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2011 10 23, 20:51 

Hello,

I am native Lithuanian speaker and at the moment I live in Brussels, Belgium. I am looking for French - Lithuanian language exchange student or I can teach Lithuanian in Brussels :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2012 03 09, 05:40 

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Margarita. I'm from Chicago, IL in the U.S., but I'm a really weird hybrid mix of different ethnicities. My mother is from Puerto Rico, and my dad is from Lithuania. We grew up speaking Spanish at home, because my mother taught us, but we never learned Lithuanian, and so I've always wanted to learn. I'm finally starting to work on it (incredibly slowly!!!), and this website has been incredibly helpful! I was also incredibly shocked that it even has a whole Spanish-speaking community as well... it's really cool for me, because I've never even met anyone else who was such an odd combination of Latino and Lithuanian.

Right now, I am living in Puerto Rico for medical school (I'm in my second year now). I speak Spanish and English very well, so I am always happy to help anyone who needs help translating between any of the two languages. However, with Lithuanian, I am still a walking disaster, and I could really use all the help I can get! So I hope I can get some suggestions and help from you guys - trust me, I REALLY need it! :)

It's a pleasure to meet you all! Hoping to get to know everyone, and also to get better at Lithuanian!

Margarita

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Moderators: crankshaft, asCii Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next