It is currently 2017 10 24, 09:45

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: cheap flights? australia to lithuania!
PostPosted: 2007 10 24, 08:44 

Hi guys,

It's that time of year again, to give up on working and take up traveling. And gosh, why not go to lithuania for Christmas, then Istanbul for new years! Surely this is normal :)

I've already booked my flight from lithuania to istanbul ( actually from riga, whatever ). But I wonder if you have suggestions on the best way to get from australia to lithuania?

It's very expensive when I look at our usual options. But we have more money here, and all the big expensive airlines dominate the market, advertising, consultants etc.

So I wonder, if you were to come to australia from lithuania, with whom would you fly?

Brett
--

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Best I could find
PostPosted: 2007 10 24, 16:38 
Teacher

Well, the best I could find is to go with qantas airlines to Frankfurt, and from there to vilnius with airbaltic.
However, cheaper eastern european airlines do not fly neither to australia nor east asia, so perhaps this is the best option you can choose.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2007 10 24, 19:50 

labas brettas (=Bretai),

I have booked a few fights for people flying from Ireland to Lithuania or latvia, the cheapest I found was "AIR BALTIC" give them a try :wink:
(but Ireland is not as far away as Australia!)
Sėkmės

Geriausi linkėjimai iš Airijos 8)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2007 12 25, 18:03 

Little to wonder...
Just a few years ago Chicago-Copenhagen-Vilnius could be had for US$ 600 round trip (=return, British English) on a "big" SAS.
This time I paid $2300 for Chicago-Palanga round trip with SAS in October. Same class, same service, fourfold increase.
Of that brotherhood, there's Austrian (OS) that may connect from Kingsford Smith to Viena, with an ongoing hop to Vilnius.
When thinking airBaltic, be aware that they are on a spreee of adding insluts to injuries already blown. Starting Dec 5th, they have begun charging checked-in luggage surcharge.
This is atop of violation of VISA/MC rules to discriminate against those who pay by credit card instead of cash. The lime-tail is doing that.
airBaltic has had a moment of being a decent and reasonably priced sometime between late 2005 and through 2006.
I would not recomend today's BT for my worst enemy on a Christmas day.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: fly to Lithuania
PostPosted: 2010 09 21, 00:58 

In Summer 2009, I flew United from SFO to Frankfurt and RyanAir from Frankfurt to Kaunas. From Oz, you can probably fly easily to London, Dublin, or Frankfurt and then catch a no-frills regional airline.

sekmes,
tomas

Offline Profile