It is currently 2017 10 24, 09:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Learners and teachers, introduce yourself here
PostPosted: 2012 04 16, 06:54 

Hello, My name is John, I am from Uzbekistan. I am learning a lithuanian language because I have my lady from lithuania.

I am searching one book, called: 365 LIETUVIŲ KALBOS VEIKSMAŽODŽIAI
would be nice if i find it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: labai malonu
PostPosted: 2012 04 17, 13:20 

labas :) mano vardas aleks, esu iš anglijos bet gyvenu berlyne.
pagalvoju(=galvoju), kad lietuvių kalba yra labai graži, bet dabar negaliu kalbėti daug...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Teacher/mokytoja
PostPosted: 2012 05 23, 21:51 

I'm Raminta, I'm Lithuanian teacher. I live in Vilnius in Pasilaiciai. I teach my students at home. I speak English and German. I can help you.

Aš esu Raminta, aš esu lietuvių kalbos mokytoja. Aš gyvenu Vilniuje Pašilaičiuose. Aš mokau mokinius savo namuose. Aš kalbu angliškai ir vokiškai. Aš galiu tau padėti.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2012 06 19, 18:54 

Labas!
My name is Alexander and I am from the United States.
I am currently trying to learn Lithuanian, but alas I only know a couple random phrases (thanks to this site of course).
As far as my story goes, I am of distant lithuanian ancestry (great great grandfather came over just before World War I). Yet I still have the surname!
Anyways, I would appreciate any help that could be given (I use things like skype a lot too).

Ačiū!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Can read and write Lithuanian but cannot speak it
PostPosted: 2012 07 07, 21:09 

Hi/Labas:

My name is Jennifer - I currently live in the Washington, DC metro area. I started to learn Lithuanian back in 2001, but am quite limited in my ability to speak. For whatever reason, I have been only able to read and write Lithuanian, but have been unable to speak it and my listening comprehension is poor. Having lived in Vilnius for two years, it is very disappointing that my speaking ability and listening comprehension are so weak. However, I believe if I had lived in a smaller town where there were fewer English speakers, I would be at a better place in my language proficiency.

That being said, I have not lived in Lithuania since 2009, but I am continually drawn to its language. I just Googled "Learn Lithuanian" and found this site.

I'll see what I can find here...

Aciu,
Jennifer

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2012 09 11, 18:04 

Labas vakaras! Malonu su jumis susipažinti! Mano vardas syntax ir aš esu iš Airijos bet gyvenu Estijoje. Esu studentas ir mokytojas. Aš studijuoju lietuvių kalbą Talino universitete.

Iki!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: labas
PostPosted: 2012 11 15, 11:08 

Sveiki visi!

My name is Kostas and I'm living in Greece. My goal is to learn an intermediate level of Lithuanian, and I believe that this community will be a great help, so ačiu in advance.

My first question to the forum: which part of the forum should I ask some questions related to learning material, online resources for a complete beginner?

Labai ačiu (=ačiū),
Kostas

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Leiskite man pristatyti
PostPosted: 2012 12 16, 01:21 

Labas, mano vardas yra Nikolas. Gyvenu Chicago(=Čikagoje) ir aš labai mėgstu kalbu(=kalbėti) lietuviškai. Kalbu lietuviškai šiek tiek bet mano mama, ji kalba labai gerai(-bet mano mama kalba labai gerai). My grandparents were from Lietuva, and to this very day mano šeima kalba lietuviškai all the time. I visited Lietuva in 2006 with mama ir mano dedė and loved it! Recently I just wrapped up a semester of lithuanian class at school and it has really given me an excellent platform to continue learning and practicing. Does anybody on this board live in Chicago? I would like to make some lithuanian friends to practice with and discuss culture. Acui(=Ačiū) už pagalbą!

Viso gero!

(Atsiprašau, aš nežinau how to create lithuanian dialectics(=diacritics) online, can somebody help me?, ačiū!)

Nikolas

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2012 12 17, 17:47 

Hello, this is a thread to introduce oneselves. Please ask your questions on a separate thread to keep this on topic. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 2014 01 15, 12:22 

Labas and Hello!

My name is Amber and I am from the United States. To be honest, I had no knowledge of anything Lithuanian until last summer when my grandfather passed away. He was very secretive about his past (due to a devastating split in the family during the WWII), and so my father and I had no knowledge of my heritage or ancestry on his side. After my grandfather's passing, we were able to retrieve his documents and discovered he was full Lithuanian and the third generation of our family to have lived in the United States (my father being the fourth and half-Lithuanian and I being the fifth and a quarter). With this new discovery, we were able to trace all of the family members, including the first of our family to have set foot on American soil. We both went to the local Lithuanian club, who were shocked at our story and welcomed us with open arms.

Since then, I have fallen in love with the language and wish to learn it, as well as learn more about the culture and the country. I am both intimidated and excited to learn a new language.

Thank you and lovely to meet you all!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 2014 03 16, 16:14 

Labas!

Mano vardas Artyom, ir aš gyvenu Australioje.
Much of my family was born in Lithuania, but nobody ever thought to teach me the language. I realised a while ago that I would probably have to teach myself. So far, I'm quite happy with most of the grammatical aspects, but the pronunciation is confusing for me.

There's not really much else to say other than that this site has been an amazing learning tool for me.

Labai ačiū.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 2015 01 25, 16:02 

Labas, Hello!

Mano vardas Mauro ir esu Italas.
I am here because I am studying lithuanian and I would really like to practise the language although I live in Lithuania, I don't have many chances to comunicate with natives and I speak English at home as my girlfriend is English native speaker.
So I can help with practising Italian (my mother language and English as well (C2 level), in exchange of lithuanian.

I have different interests and hobbies such as football, (I am a football coach), cooking, baking, music, economics, learning languages, travelling and more!

See you soon,

Mauro

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 2015 10 05, 09:49 

Labas! I'm Mats, been visiting LT frequently since 2005 due to business, however I have just recently started to study Lithuanian on a somewhat serious note. Understands the grammatics well and know quite many words, however I need to practice how to speak Lithuanian.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Moderators: crankshaft, asCii Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5